Analyst Programmer - Gentrack UK
April 2016 - Present
- Worked with an in house programming language, GenBasic
- Analysed code in order to design solutions for stories and bug fixes
- Used SQL in order to run database queries, modify and create tables and manipulate data.
- Situated on site at Ovo Energy, I worked closely with the business in project and product teams, communicating with them in stand ups and meetings
- Worked in an Agile way, having two week sprints with planning and retro
Brand Ambassador - The Staff Room UK
September 2013 - December 2015
- Use my effective communication skills in order to inform consumers about the products.
- Working as part of a team to ensure consumers leave fully informed and happy.
- Using my initiative to deal with any issues, customer complaints and make everything work smoothly.
Student Ambassador - The University of Nottingham
January 2011 - June 2013
Chosen by my University to represent them on both Open and Visit days. As these involve somewhat different roles, I had to be flexible in my approach to the prospective students.
On the Visit days, my key roles were:
- Use effective communication skills to provide information to prospective students as well as answering questions.
- Lead groups of prospective students around the science area of the University Park Campus.
On the Open days, my key roles were:
- Used my people skills to engage prospective students and their families in the various aspects of the University and Course.
- Used my persuasive skills to encourage prospective students into applying for Natural Sciences.
Student Associate - Portland Primary School
June 2011 - July 2011
- Worked effectively as a team with other teaching assistants along with the teacher to organise the class.
- Used my leadership skills to control various sized group of students, from one-on-one to the whole class.
- Used my administration skills to perform a variety of tasks, such as printing and photocopying.
- Used my problem solving skills to deal with any issues that arose in the classroom.